OH HI!!! WELCOME TO THE STP BLOG! I'M SARA AND I AM WEDDING AND PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER BASED IN UPSTATE SC. GRAB A SWEET TEA AND ENJOY YOUR VISIT !
Hello, thank you for stopping in to celebrate with me. If you are reading this, you are one of the reasons my business is growing and I am finding success chasing my big dream! THANK YOU! Relationships are why businesses like mine grow, and I can trace back every wedding I have ever shot to a friend (other than that one I booked from Instagram…that was just a lucky fluke). Seriously though, I am so grateful for the people who have allowed me to serve and love them and who then turned around and loved me by referring their friends. You Rock!
Today, I am celebrating two years of business! Sara Touchet Photography finally became real June 5th 2015 on the day I walked out of the classroom forever. It was the most difficult decision I had ever made. I was a high school English teacher and I LOVED my students, but I was exhausted, stressed, and sick all the time (like many teachers), and I was shooting weddings on the weekends as well. I was maxed and felt like a failure. Through meeting with other creatives that worked full-time, I found the guts to leave the classroom and pursue my dream of being a wedding photographer full-time. My life is radically different now! Below are some reflections on the year and my plans for the next!
SO WHAT HAS HAPPENED THIS YEAR?
· I am one booking away from DOUBLING my weddings from last year! Oh and last year was a doubling from ALL the years before combined! Praise God!!! I am in constant awe as my calendar fills up. Running your own business is scary, but God constantly provides with the sweetest couples!
· Because of my A-mazing couples, I was able to donate over $1000 to the Mount Moriah Children’s Home in Uganda. I am hoping to be able to donate even more over the next year!
· I have refined the kinds of photos that I do. I am now specializing in weddings and couples, which is what brings me the most joy. Photographing couples is where I find the most creativity and passion in my work; however, I have a new genre that I will be revealing sometime soon that is really different. It will be something I probably don’t do as much as weddings, but…well, just a hint: Ladies will love it! It ties into my passion for making people feel loved and beautiful.
· I am set to finish my Business/Photography program by the end of September. I am really excited to finally be finished. I have learned a great deal and it has changed everything about my business and how I shoot.
· Lastly, I was published by a blog this spring. Getting published was one of my goals from last year. LINK HERE
It has been an incredible year and I cannot wait to see what happens this next year. I believe in setting goals and living your life on purpose. I am maxing every moment I have on this planet, so with that in mind…
Here are some goals for next year:
Thank you for participating and supporting me as I chase my dreams. I am forever grateful!
Here we go year 3!!!!
SARA TOUCHET PHOTOGRAPHY